Friday, October 24, 2014

Inappropriate Songs to Sing at Your Workplace, again

I made the mistake of telling my friend at work that I despise, detest, and totally hate "McArthur Park" and now she keeps singing it to me. I get her back by singing Beatles songs, particularly "I am the walrus". So there!

Today, songs from childhood days were playing in my mind. Songs about duckies. You know, quack quack? Remember the one little duck with the feathers on his back? And this lead to the song about the little black bug swimming in the water.

Thinking back to childhood, a whole cornucopia of music comes to mind. I was real lucky and blessed to have a variety of music growing up, everything from Hank Williams Sr to Peter and the Wolf. Burl Ives and the Kingston Trio filled my repertoire up with songs like Ann Boleyn and The Fox, and my favorite Mangwane Mpulele.

So much music, so little time.

But music seasons the day. I use music like a frightened person whistles in the dark. It brings back good times and reminds me of better days. Hope it does the same for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment